Search for

Due to our huge inventory of products, please give searches a few extra seconds to process.


Stelco Distributors, Inc. offers EPA Technician Certification (A/C & Refrigeration)!

The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has required that all persons handling refrigerants should be certified. If you are not certified you can’t legally buy refrigerants.

EPA-Approved Section 608 certification is needed to service building air conditioning and refrigeration systems. With 608 certification, you can purchase any refrigerant.

Three types of certification are available:

  • Type I Certification – Can only work on Small Appliance (5lbs or less of refrigerant)
  • Type II Certification – Can only work on Medium, High and Very-High Pressure Appliances
  • Type III Certification – Can only work on Low-Pressure Appliances
  • Universal Certification – Someone who possesses Type I, II and III Certifications.

Stelco Distributors, Inc. offers the EPA Certification Materials and Exam in either English or Spanish. Please contact us for more information to obtain your EPA Certification.